In this blog we consider some of the challenges facing insurers based in the UK following the Brexit vote, including the options...
I am a partner in the London Corporate Financial Institutions Group of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP.
I have varied experience in the insurance and financial services sectors with both cross-border and domestic transactional, restructuring and advisory work for a range of listed and unlisted corporate and institutional clients.
I am recognised in the UK Legal 500 for my corporate M&A experience ("George Swan is ‘highly efficient, very approachable and a delight to work with’") (2013) as well as my insurance expertise (“George Swan ‘works well under pressure’ and has ‘exceptional knowledge’") (2011).
Recent highlights of my transactional experience include advising:
* BMO Financial Group on its £708m offer for F&C Asset Management plc;
* Sompo Japan on its proposed acquisition of Canopius Insurance;
* TDR Capital LLP on its acquisition of MGM Advantage;
* the London Metal Exchange on its £1.388bn acquisition by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited;
* on the pan-European cross-border corporate restructuring of AIG Europe;
* Discovery Holdings Limited on its acquisition of Standard Life Healthcare;
* Barclays Bank PLC in connection with its acquisitions of Standard Life Bank PLC and the Goldfish credit card business of Discover Financial Services;
* Tesco PLC on its buyout of the Tesco Personal Finance joint venture from RBS; and
* Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. on the formation of its €5.1bn insurance joint venture in Central and Eastern Europe with PPF Group NV.
As a free user, you can follow Passle and like posts.
To repost this post to your own Passle blog, you will need to upgrade your account.
For plans and pricing, please contact our sales team at email@example.com